Upskills is excited to partner with Competenz to offer Pop-up Leadership
Courses start in Auckland, October 2020 and in the regions from 2021
He aha te kai a te rangatira? He kōrero, he kōrero, he kōrero.
What is the food of the leader? It is knowledge. It is communication.
Equipping people leaders with the right tools to succeed is key. The New Zealand Certificate in Business (Team Leadership) empowers individuals to lead with confidence. This course is perfect for emerging and front-line leaders – those stepping into a new role in managing people. Alternatively, as a brush-up for those who have been managing for some time but without any formal training input.
You will learn
- How to lead through change and how to be an emotionally intelligent leader
- Wellness and resilience for your team
- Creating space and time for you to lead via effective delegation and coaching
- Goal-setting and problem-solving techniques
- Effective team communication including Tetramap ‘Why am I like that’ module
- How to lead your team through a project – from ideas to evaluation
- Technology for modern leadership – from meetings to remote teams
You will gain
- NZQA accreditation to Level 3
How it works
- 7 months duration
- 3 full days – face-to-face training
- Auckland venue
- Weekly 1-hour Zoom sessions (Tuesday mornings)
- Self-paced online modules to support learning
- Progress to qualification via embedded project approach
- Flexible delivery – minimal time away from work required
- Blended approach – something for all types of learning style
- Fun and fantastic Upskills delivery team
- NZQA accredited to Level 3
Frequently asked questions
How is it delivered?
- Flipped model
- 1-hour Zoom sessions per week
- 3 x Full day sessions
- Access to e-course materials
- Extra support for NZQA assessment completion.
How much does it cost?
$850+GST per person including Tetramap profile (*Competenz industry partner price based on manufacturing, food and beverage sector, printing, engineering or fire protection. Discounts are available for groups of 3+ people making a booking together).
Why take this course?
It’s the best mix of self-study, group discussion, and learning through interesting, relevant content.
How does the project work?
It’s an improvement idea to benefit the workplace, so it’s a useful and relevant way to apply skills and benefit the company as well as the individual.
What are the dates?
- 20 Zoom sessions weekly from Tuesday, October 27th – April 27th 8 am-9 am (some exceptions – Christmas, New Year and Easter).
- Full-day training – Central Auckland venue, tbc – Tuesday 17th Nov, Feb 16th, March 23rd.
Individuals are invited to apply for The NZ Certificate in Business (Team Leadership) Level 3 – Pop-Up Courses. If you are in work, we recommend you get the support of your employer first but you can book direct with us. If 3 or more people from a single workplace wish to participate, talk with us about a group discount, call Holly Patterson: 021 156 3242 or Sarah Balfour: 021 969 642.
Applications for The Auckland NZ Certificate in Business (Team Leadership) – Pop-up Course must reach us by 5 pm on 23rd October 2020.